PERSONNEL & ADMINISTRATIVE AFFAIRS OFFICE
Office: Building A1 – 268 Ly Thuong Kiet Street, District 10, Ho Chi Minh City
Phone: (84.8) 8 647 256 – Ext: 5282
Advising and assisting the Rector in the activities of staff & clerical management, general administration, property protection, in maintaining security matters; emulation, commendation and legal issues.
- Organizational affairs:
- Proposing the university’s organizational structure. Assisting the Rector in dealing with legal issues, in drafting the university regulations as well as organizational policies.
- Advising and assisting the Rector in the recruitment, usage and management of staff and employees. Signing labor contracts on the behalf of the Rector.
- Performing recruitment tasks: making annual recruitment plan, guiding, monitoring units in the university to comply with the recruitment process; assisting the recruitment Board in organizing the Civil Service Examination and in appointing Civil Servants.
- Proposing the plan of human resources development. Monitoring each unit in developing, training, planning and fostering staff.
- Implementing the policies of social insurance, health insurance, salary raise for staff in accordance with law.
- Completing the documents sending staff to work and study at home country or abroad. Receiving staff returning to the university after finishing their learning and working tasks.
- Managing, archiving, updating records and curriculum vitae of staff and employees. To be in charge of confirming the profile of staff and employees. Providing data concerning matters of organization, administration upon request.
- Administrative affairs
- Receiving, securing confidential information and delivering promptly and accurately all dispatches and papers sent to the university.
- Managing, archiving to & from documents and dispatches relating to Board of Rectors and Administrative Affairs Office.
- Ensuring the processes, legality, document forms before they are signed by the Board of Rectors.
- Organizing the management and usage of the university seals as prescribed by law.
- Reviewing and granting introduction letters, certifications by Vietnamese language; copying documents issued by the university.
- Reporting general issues to the Board of Rectors on a regular basis.
- Assisting Board of Rectors in welcoming guests.
- Security affairs
The Personnel & Administrative Affairs Office is responsible for directing the protection of properties and equipment, fire safety, political security, maintaining safety on campus; military reserve management, reserve officers, encouraging staff and employees to join military service; organization and management militia force of the university.
- Emulation and commendation affairs
Board of Emulation and Commendation is a unit under the Personnel and Administrative Affairs Office, is responsible for:
- Helping the Executive Board of Emulation and Commendation in the organizing, launching, monitoring, summarizing the university’ movements.
- Implementing the legislation, regulations of the superiors on the work of emulation and commendation.
- Preparing the database for the Executive Board of Emulation and Commendation to choose the emulation titles, the rewarding level at the end of each academic year or to grant unexpected reward for outstanding groups and individuals.
- Managing the emulation and commendation database of the university.
- Regarding legal issues:
- Helping the Rector and University Council in dealing with legal issues related to university’ activities. Ensuring that those activities comply with the law and implement the legal principles.
- Representing the university to work with law enforcement agencies in litigation, investigations, complaints and denunciations.
- Coordinating with other functional units in propagating and educating laws, rules and regulations of the university for officers, employees and students.
- Assisting Rector and university councils to prepare comments for the draft documents sent by the agencies or units (with coordination with those related departments and functional units).
- Verifying the legal aspect in the documents compiled by the functional units before proposing to the Rector. To consult the university Departments in drafting and issuing rules and regulations of the university.
- Providing legal documents for Rector and other units of the university when required, for the purpose of administrative affairs, teaching and research.